Remembrance Day in Britain
REMEMBRANCE DAY/ POPPY DAY
A. Watch these pictures.
B. Browse the website to answer the questions :
Download the worksheet.
1) Who wears poppies?
2) Why do they wear them?
3) When do they wear them?
4) Why poppies?
5) Who sells them? Are they real poppies? What do they do with the money collected?
6) What happened on the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month In 1918?
7) What is Remembrance Sunday? When does it take place?
8) Is there a difference with our Armistice day?
9) What happens nowadays? What is the last post? Listen to it :
10) What about other countries in Europe , do they have similar ceremonies? What do people do? Is there a symbol? flower, other?
Ask people around you : parents, teachers ... to find out.